Saturday, January 28, 2012

Not much more to add!

Greetings,
     Mama pretty much summed things up in the last post. 
     Here's my confession: I gained weight during our 90 day challenge.  Sad but true. 
     I took a gamble and lost - or gained if you will.  My sense was that I was not getting enough regular cardio and didn't have it in me to change that.  Couple that with eating the same - if not a bit more - and, well.....the proof is in the math. 
     To best describe my need for cardio is to think of a huge German Shepard who needs to be vigorously walked everyday or they go stir crazy....that's me (without the bark:-) 
     20 lbs. is the goal.  I'm not happy about having to lose more than what I had hoped just to reach my goal - but I'm not going to back down.  We have mapped out our workouts and are both in agreement that cardio + resistance is needed in every workout.  That doesn't mean you need to join a gym or buy a bunch of equipment - your own body can serve as resistance given the correct exercises such as push ups, dips, squats, etc.
     Another key thing to remember when doing such exercises is to:
S-Q-U-E-E-Z-E!  
     I have to consciously remind myself that there is actual muscle below the chub.  My hope is that I will see more of it after 60 days.
     Here we go again!    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! We appreciate your support.